Sunday, May 11, 2008

About my Practice~

Welcome! Erin Berk is a registered Art Therapist and Qualified Mental Health Professional. I provide services to clients with mental health needs and supervises professionals completing their ATR credentials.

I have over eight years of experience as a Child and Family Therapist in various agencies in Portland and worked with Portland Public Schools as a School- Based Therapist for children and teens . I earned my Bachelor of Fine Arts in Photography at the Florida State University, and my Masters Degree in Art Therapy/Counseling from the University of Illinois in Chicago.

As a practical, interactive, solution-focused therapist, my treatment approach is to provide support and practical feedback to help clients resolve current problems and long-standing patterns. With sensitivity and compassion, I help clients find solutions to a wide range of life challenges and psychological issues.
Blending conventional and alternative,creative approaches, I draw on a variety of styles and techniques to incorporate what will be most helpful for each client. I work with each client to help them build on their strengths to identify and achieve life goals.


My areas of specialization for adults include: anxiety, depression, parenting, spiritually, life transitions, pregnancy, post-partum and depression .

With children and teens, I'm able to assist with childhood transitions, behavior and school problems, depression, anxiety, anger management, body image, low self esteem, coping with divorce and the complications of blended families, as well as attachment issues.

Investment:
My standard fee is $80 for 50 minutes, but don't let finances be a barrier. - I offer a free 20-minute initial phone consultation and sliding scale based on income .

~ Full payment for the session is the client’s responsibility and requested at the beginning of each session.

~
Appointments and Cancellations

Your session is reserved for you. If you are unable to make it to your appointment, please notify me with a 24-hour notice, so someone else may use this time. You will be responsible for the payment for the missed session in the absence of advanced notification.


~Emergency Calls

You can leave a confidential message for me at (971) 222-9290. I will respond to your call as soon as possible. But if there is a crisis or you want to speak to someone immediately, please telephone the Multnomah County Crisis line at (503) 988-4888 or emergency services in your area at 911.

~Legal Disputes

The services provided by Erin Berk, MA, ATR are intended to help clients with therapeutic issues not with legal disputes. This policy promotes a safe and trusting atmosphere, protects the privacy of her clients and prevents misuse of treatment for legal objectives.